Skillet Salmon & Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) salmon fillet (about 1-inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat fish with cooking spray. Add fish to pan, and cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
2. While fish cooks, pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in a microwave oven. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Cut cooked potatoes in half, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese.
4. Combine greens, tomatoes, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss gently.
5. Cut lemon in half, and squeeze lemon juice over fish. Serve with potatoes and salad.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 2 servings (3 ounces salmon, 2 potato halves, and 1 1/2 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||410|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||49g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||50mg|
|Sodium per serving:||800mg|
|Resistant starch per serving:||2.1g|
Good to Know
Salmon, like tuna, is packed with metabolism-boosting omega-3 fatty acids. This dish also features CLA in the cheese, and RS from the potatoes and the fiber in the greens.