Grilled Burgers & 3-Bean Salad
- 6 ounces lean ground sirloin or bison
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup green beans, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Italian vinaigrette
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 (11/2-ounce) whole-grain hamburger buns
1. Divide beef into 2 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Rub olive oil on both sides of patties.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Place patties in pan; cook 6 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer inserted into middle of burger registers 160ï¿½.
3. Combine green beans, white beans, kidney beans, carrot, bell pepper, and vinaigrette in a bowl; toss gently.
4. Serve burgers and a few lettuce leaves on whole-grain buns with bean salad on the side.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: If you're grilling out any time this summer, add this tasty entrée to your menu. With less than 400 calories, these burgers are a healthy and savory option for the whole family.
- Yield: Makes: 2 servings
|Calories per serving:||390|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||28g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||48g|
|Fiber per serving:||11g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||45mg|
|Sodium per serving:||580mg|
|Resistant starch per serving:||2.3g|