Mâche with Summer Lemon Cucumbers and Lychee
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint fresh or 1 (16-ounce) can lychees, rinsed
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) package enoki mushrooms
- 8 ounces mâche lettuce
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemon cucumbers, sliced into half-moons*
- 1 English cucumber
1. To make dressing, whisk together first 3 ingredients (through sugar) in a bowl. Add oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Peel and chop lychees. Gently separate mushrooms from one another.
3. For each serving, toss 1 cup mâche with some cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, lemon cucumber, and English cucumber with 1 tablespoon dressing in a bowl. Top with 1 teaspoon chopped lychees and a dash of sea salt. (Add more lychees if you'd like a stronger floral flavor.)
*Note: If you can't find lemon cucumbers, use 8 red radishes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
Prep: 15 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||241|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||10g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||127mg|
|Calcium per serving:||88mg|