Filet Mignon with Roquefort and Red Leaf
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sliced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) prime filet mignon steaks
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 pound Roquefort blue cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 375° and grill to high.
2. Toss first 4 ingredients (through rosemary sprigs); place on a baking sheet. Roast the potatoes for 25 minutes or until golden; set aside.
3. Combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through sugar) in a blender. Add 1/2 cup oil in a thin stream; blend. Add 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside.
4. While potatoes roast, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion 10-12 minutes or until caramelized; set aside.
5. Season steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Reduce grill to medium-high; cook steaks for about 7 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; let rest 3 minutes before slicing into 1-inch cubes.
6. Toss lettuce with tomato and blue cheese; add the potatoes and onion. Drizzle with dressing; toss. Top with steak; serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak and about 2 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||441|
|Fat per serving:||27g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||14g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||27g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||57mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||390mg|
|Calcium per serving:||161mg|