Maple-Glazed Salmon with Pickled Cucumber
- 1 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Combine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add cucumber and onion. Cool to room temperature, stirring, 25 minutes.
2. Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon; place in a bowl. Add fennel and olive oil, tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat broiler. Line a shallow baking pan with foil; coat lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Arrange the salmon in a single layer on the pan. Combine the maple syrup and remaining ingredients; spread onto salmon. Broil salmon for 6 minutes or until just cooked through. Portion into 4 servings. Divide the salad among 4 plates; top with salmon.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 salmon and 1 cup salad)
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes; Marinate: 25 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||250|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||13g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||72mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||214mg|
|Calcium per serving:||62mg|