Grilled Bison Kebabs over Minted Peas
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons chopped mint, divided
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground bison
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen peas, thawed
1. Soak 12 wooden skewers 20 minutes.
2. Whisk together yogurt, 2 tablespoons mint, feta, garlic, lemon juice, and zest. Cover and chill.
3. Mix parsley and next 6 ingredients in a bowl. Form into 12 balls; thread onto skewers. Shape into ovals.
4. Coat grill pan with cooking spray; preheat over medium-high heat. Cook kebabs, turning, 4 minutes for medium.
5. Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook onion 2 minutes. Stir in peas; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons mint.
6. Divide vegetables and skewers among 4 plates. Serve with yogurt sauce.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Delicious bison gets the skewer treatment and is then paired with an easy dipping sauce. Minted peas complete the Greek-inspired meal.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 kebabs and 1/4 peas and sauce)
|Calories per serving:||231|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||19g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||13g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||49mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||366mg|
|Calcium per serving:||82mg|