Mini PB&J Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grape jelly, plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 35 miniature muffin cup liners in miniature muffin tin.
2. Place flours in a medium bowl. Sift sugar, baking soda, and salt into bowl.
3. Whisk butter and oil in a bowl. Add buttermilk and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla), whisking until well-combined. Add dry ingredients to wet.
4. Fill liners three-quarters full, and bake in middle of oven about 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
5. Pipe about 1 tablespoon of grape jelly into tops of cupcakes with a round-tipped pastry bag.
6. Pipe frosting onto cakes with a star-tipped pastry bag. Garnish with a dollop of jelly.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This recipe uses Peanut Butter-Cream Cheese Frosting
- Yield: Makes 35 mini cupcakes (serving size: 1 mini cupcake)
|Calories per serving:||180|
|Fat per serving:||7.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Protein per serving:||3.9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||26.0g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||16mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.6mg|
|Sodium per serving:||128mg|
|Calcium per serving:||25mg|