Choco-Sour Cream Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 batch Milk Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 15 muffin cup liners in muffin tin.
2. Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Sift mixture through sieve into a bowl; discard any lumps.
3. Add chocolate, butter, and cocoa to a large heatproof bowl, and pour 1/2 cup boiling water on top. Let sit 2 minutes, and whisk until smooth. Add sour cream, buttermilk, and eggs, whisking until well-combined. Add dry ingredients to wet.
4. Divide batter among liners; bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool. Frost cakes.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 15 regular cupcakes (serving size: 1 cupcake)
|Calories per serving:||272|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||5.7g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||37.7g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||49mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.9mg|
|Sodium per serving:||187mg|
|Calcium per serving:||77mg|