Raspberry Cream Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 12 fresh raspberries, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin tin.
2. Place flours in a medium bowl. Sift sugar, baking soda, and salt into bowl.
3. Whisk butter and oil. Add buttermilk and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla), whisking until well-combined. Add dry ingredients to wet.
4. Divide batter evenly among liners, and bake in middle of oven about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Mix food coloring into frosting. Transfer half to a separate bowl, and mix with raspberry jam. Pipe about 1 tablespoon of jam frosting into tops of cupcakes with a round-tipped pastry bag.
6. Pipe remaining frosting onto cakes with a star-tipped pastry bag. Garnish with a raspberry.
Skinny it up! Frosting (just make half!) but no filling makes these about 100 calories and 4g fat lighter.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Flavor vanilla cupcakes with raspberry jam for a fruity spin on the classic.
- Yield: Makes 12 regular cupcakes (serving size: 1 cupcake)
|Calories per serving:||392|
|Fat per serving:||16g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Protein per serving:||6.7g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||56.5g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||52mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||286mg|
|Calcium per serving:||75mg|