- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 38 miniature muffin cup liners in miniature muffin tin.
2. Place flours in a bowl. Sift sugar, baking soda, and salt into bowl. Stir in coconut and lemon zest.
3. Whisk butter and oil. Add buttermilk and next 3 ingredients (through coconut extract), whisking until well-combined. Add dry ingredients to wet.
4. Divide batter evenly among liners, and bake in middle of oven about 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool.
5. Frost cakes, and garnish with toasted coconut.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 38 mini cupcakes (serving size: 1 mini cupcake)
|Calories per serving:||142|
|Fat per serving:||6.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||2.3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||19.0g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||16mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.6mg|
|Sodium per serving:||96mg|
|Calcium per serving:||25mg|