Teriyaki Chicken and Soba Noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, julienned (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 radishes, sliced
1. Marinate chicken in 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat an oiled grill or grill pan. Grill chicken over medium heat, turning once, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to cutting board, and tent with foil; let stand.
3. Combine broth, water, ginger, garlic, and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add mushrooms, carrots, and scallions; simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Boil soba for 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and divide among serving bowls. Stir sesame oil, basil, and cilantro into broth; divide among bowls. Slice chicken, and add to bowls along with radishes.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: This Asian-inspired dish is quick, easy, and tasteful.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces chicken, 1/2 cup noodles, 1 cup vegetables, plus broth)
|Calories per serving:||348|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||32g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||38g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||543mg|
|Calcium per serving:||62mg|