Mediterranean Chickpea Patties
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 egg, whisked
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Pita chips (optional)
1. Pulse first 4 ingredients (through cumin) and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a food processor until coarsely chopped and mixture comes together. Transfer to a bowl, add egg and 2 tablespoons flour; form into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Place remaining flour in a small dish and roll patties in it with floured hands; tap off excess flour.
2. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden.
3. Whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, and remaining salt and pepper. Divide greens, tomatoes, onion, and patties evenly among 4 plates; drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons dressing. Serve with pita chips, if desired.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 patties plus 2 cups salad)
Prep: 16 minutes; Cook: 4 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||225|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||12g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||54mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||387mg|
|Calcium per serving:||136mg|