Spaghetti with Quick Meat Sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 pound ground sirloin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the ground sirloin, salt, and pepper; cook, breaking up the ground sirloin with a spoon, for 4-5 minutes or until ground sirloin is no longer pink. Add tomatoes, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir in the parsley.
3. Serve pasta with the sauce, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This spaghetti dish is ready in under 30 minutes, including prep and cook time, making it the perfect weeknight dinner option!
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||486|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||65g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||49mg|
|Iron per serving:||7mg|
|Sodium per serving:||628mg|
|Calcium per serving:||168mg|