Slow Cooker Chicken with Tarragon and Leeks
- 1 1/2 pounds baby new potatoes (about 16)
- 8 skinless bone-in chicken thighs (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise, rinsed, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1. Place potatoes in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add chicken, leeks, wine, and salt.
2. Cover; cook on high for 3–4 hours or on low for 6–7 hours until chicken and potatoes are tender.
3. Transfer chicken and all but 4 potatoes evenly to plates. Use a fork to smash remaining potatoes into cooking liquid.
4. Add peas, milk, and yogurt; cook for about 10 minutes or just until heated through. Spoon over chicken, and sprinkle with tarragon.
- Prep Time: Not only does the chicken cook in the slow-cooker, so do the baby new potaotes and leeks!
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2-3 thighs and 1 1/2 cups vegetables)
|Calories per serving:||512|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||38g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||50g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||102mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||187mg|
|Calcium per serving:||138mg|