Blackened Salmon with Broccoli Rabe and Raisins
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning or blackened spice mix
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat both sides of each salmon fillet evenly with seasoning; cover and cook for 3–4 minutes per side or until opaque throughout and blackened.
2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, bring the broccoli rabe and 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Cover and cook, tossing occasionally, for 3–4 minutes or until tender; drain and transfer to a plate.
3. Wipe out the second skillet, and heat oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and salt, and cook for about 3 minutes or until softened. Mix in the raisins and broccoli rabe. Serve with the salmon and lemon wedges.
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 6 ounces salmon plus 1/4 of the vegetable mixture)
|Calories per serving:||378|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||43g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||107mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||595mg|
|Calcium per serving:||85mg|