Apple-and-Celery Root Salad
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound celery root, peeled and cut into matchsticks (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Granny Smith apples
1. Whisk together first 6 ingredients (through black pepper). Toss celery root with buttermilk dressing; let stand 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place lemon juice in a bowl. Trim tops and bottoms from apples. Cut apples crosswise into slices, removing seeds and core with a round cookie cutter or paring knife. Transfer apple to bowl with lemon juice, and toss to prevent apple from browning.
3. Starting with apple slices, alternately stack apple with the celery root mixture on each of 4 serving plates. Garnish with additional chives, and serve.
- Prep Time: This fresh fruit salad is simple to prepare and has less than 100 calories so you know you can splurge on its tasty flavors.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||90|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||6mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||180mg|
|Calcium per serving:||87mg|