Salmon Cakes with Dill Sauce
- 2 cups leftover salmon, broken into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups leftover wheat berries
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 4 large egg whites, divided
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup 2% Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- 4 teaspoons pickled ginger
1. Mix salmon, wheat berries, whole-wheat breadcrumbs, and 3 egg whites. Form into 8 patties; chill for 15 minutes. Dip cakes in remaining egg white and dredge in panko.
2. Preheat oven to 425°. Combine yogurt, dill, and lemon juice; set aside.
3. Bake salmon cakes in middle of oven for 15 minutes or until heated through and tops are golden. Preheat broiler; brown tops of cakes for 10–20 seconds. Serve with cucumbers, pickled ginger, and dill sauce.
Prep: 25 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes; Total Time: 40 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 salmon cakes and 1/4 cup yogurt sauce)
|Calories per serving:||387|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||41g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||84mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||431mg|
|Calcium per serving:||89mg|