Cheesy Polenta with Roasted Vegetables
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3 pounds eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 large bell peppers, cut into wedges
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups instant polenta
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 12 fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat broiler. In batches, place eggplant, bell peppers, and zucchini on 2 baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Broil for 3–4 minutes per side or until golden. Transfer to plate; set aside.
2. Bring chicken broth and water to a boil in a pan; slowly whisk in polenta. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in goat cheese and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
3. Spoon polenta into 4 bowls; top evenly with vegetables (1 cup each), basil, and remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
Prep: 25 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes; Total Time: 40 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings
|Calories per serving:||353|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||69g|
|Fiber per serving:||12g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||6mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||207mg|
|Calcium per serving:||101mg|