Horseradish-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/4 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra for pan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (green part only)
- 3 tablespoons drained prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cut sprouts into 1/4-inch-thick slices; toss on a baking sheet with next 4 ingredients (through pepper). Roast in upper third of oven, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes or until crisp and tender; set aside.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 400°. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork, and wrap in foil. Roast in middle of oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until tender. Let cool; peel. Mash until almost smooth; cover and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, place tenderloins on a lightly oiled baking sheet; spread each with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Toss panko, scallions, and horseradish in a bowl; pat onto tops and sides of pork. Roast in lower third of oven for 45 minutes while potatoes bake.
4. Transfer pork to a cutting board. Cover with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, reheat Brussels sprouts in pan for 5 minutes or until hot. Transfer to a bowl; toss with lime juice. Cut 1 tenderloin and one-fourth of the other into slices. Evenly divide half the sprouts and mashed sweet potatoes among 4 plates; serve with sliced pork.
- Prep Time: This one-recipe meal serves up a delicious plate of pork tenderloin slices, mashed sweet potatoes, and brussels sprouts.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (plus leftovers) (serving size: 4 1/2 ounces pork, 3/4 cup sprouts, and 1/2 cup sweet potatoes)
|Calories per serving:||309|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||31g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||35g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||71mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||265mg|
|Calcium per serving:||83mg|