Orecchiette with Roasted Broccoli and Walnuts
- 8 ounces orecchiette or other short pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return to the pot.
3. Toss together broccoli and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once, 18–20 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
4. Toss the pasta with the broccoli mixture, butter, and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water. (Add more water if the pasta seems dry.) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Prep: 7 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||428|
|Fat per serving:||19g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||53g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||16mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||267mg|
|Calcium per serving:||161mg|