Lemony Shrimp with White Beans and Couscous
- 1 (10-ounce) box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a pan. Add couscous and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and scallions; cook 30 seconds. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until they begin to turn pink.
3. Stir in beans, parsley, lemon juice, remaining butter, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 2–3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with the couscous.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Shrimp is everyone's favorite quick-cooking seafood. When you add in hearty cannellini beans and couscous, you get a company-worthy, one-pot meal.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||482|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||32g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||73g|
|Fiber per serving:||9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||178mg|
|Iron per serving:||6mg|
|Sodium per serving:||663mg|
|Calcium per serving:||111mg|