Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Toss together the sweet potatoes, onion, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast 20–25 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook for 5–6 minutes per side or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
4. Toss the sweet potato–onion mixture with spinach and fresh lime juice. Serve warm with chicken.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This low-fat chicken recipe is packed full of nutrients and features skillet chicken served alongside a salad of roasted sweet potatoes and spinach.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and about 1 1/2 cups vegetables)
|Calories per serving:||325|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||37g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||19g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||94mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||412mg|
|Calcium per serving:||81mg|