|Calories per serving:||574|
|Fat per serving:||21g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||43g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||54g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||126mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||818mg|
|Calcium per serving:||123mg|
- Prep Time:
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 3 tacos)
- 2 cups bottled salsa, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) boneless pork butt or shoulder, trimmed
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Combine the first 5 ingredients (through salt) in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the pork, and turn to coat.
2. Cook pork, covered, on high for 4–5 hours or on low for 7–8 hours, or until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily.
3. Preheat oven to 350° 20 minutes before serving. Stack the tortillas, and wrap in foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until warm.
4. Shred the pork with 2 forks, and stir meat into the cooking liquid. Serve shredded pork with warm tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, lime, and extra salsa.