Roasted Grape and Mascarpone Cheese Pie
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or raw sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds red grapes (about 4 cups)
- 4 ounces (1/4 cup) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 ounces block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red currant jam, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Working with prepared dough, cut into edges with scissors at intersecting 45-degree angles to form pointed pieces of fringe. Freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
2. Line bottom of dough with foil; arrange pie weights on foil. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until just set. Remove weights and foil; brush edges with egg white, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Return to oven; bake 10-15 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
3. Turn oven up to 400°. Arrange grapes in 1 layer on an 18- x 13-inch baking pan. Bake in middle of oven 10 minutes or until grapes begin to release juices but are still intact. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
4. Whisk together mascarpone and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla) in a bowl until well-combined. Spread filling into cooled pie shell, and top with roasted grapes. Brush grapes with jam. Slice and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Boost your immune system while satisfying your sweet tooth by first roasting the grapes in this delicious marscapone cheese pie recipe.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||303|
|Fat per serving:||16g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||10g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||44mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||98mg|
|Calcium per serving:||47mg|