- 1 recipe prepared Perfect Pie Dough
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or raw sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Working with prepared dough, press down edges with floured fork tines, leaving 1-inch between crimping. Freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
2. Line bottom of dough with foil; arrange pie weights on foil. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until set. Remove weights and foil; brush edges with egg white, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Return to oven; bake 8-10 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
3. Turn oven down to 325°. Bring milk, granulated sugar, and salt to a simmer in a pan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate, and let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until melted. Whisk in sour cream, then whisk in egg yolks and vanilla.
4. Pour filling into crust, and smooth top with a spatula. Bake in middle of oven 25-35 minutes or until just set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, and chill until firm, at least 1 hour or up to overnight. Top with toasted hazelnuts; slice and serve.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 58 minutes; Chill: 1 hour.
|Calories per serving:||346|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||10g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||7g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||39g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||69mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||211mg|
|Calcium per serving:||78mg|