Roasted-Squash Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup chopped, skinned hazelnuts (such as Diamond brand)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound butternut squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 5 cups mixed winter salad greens (such as red leaf lettuce and radicchio)
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Place the nuts on a baking sheet in middle of oven. Bake for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside.
3. Coat a 13- x 9-inch nonstick baking pan with cooking spray. Place squash on pan, cut sides down. Cover with foil, and roast in middle of oven about 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Whisk together the maple syrup, vinegar, and mustard in a serving bowl until blended. Add greens, and toss until well-combined.
5. Divide the dressed greens onto each of 4 plates, and surround with 2 squash wedges. Sprinkle evenly with nuts and Parmesan; serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||168|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||147mg|
|Calcium per serving:||133mg|