Green Beans with Lemon-Butter Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add panko; stir constantly for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Stir in zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Fill a large saucepan 2/3 full of water; bring to a boil. Add remaining 1 tablespoon salt. Add beans; cook 2 minutes. Fill a large bowl 2/3 full of ice water. Transfer beans to ice water to cool; drain.
3. Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add beans; sauté, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until heated. Add lemon juice and almonds; sauté 1 minute. Season with pepper. Add panko topping; serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Spiced breadcrumbs add a crunchy twist to traditional green beans. Remember this one for your next holiday recipe update.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
|Calories per serving:||101|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||255mg|
|Calcium per serving:||51mg|