Fresh Cranberry Salsa
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries, picked over and stems removed
- 2 finely diced large celery stalks
- 1 finely diced small white onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced*
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Process the cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer the cranberries to a medium bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir the mixture well to combine.
2. Transfer the cranberry mixture to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
* For spicier salsa, include the seeds and ribs from the jalapeño. Or use a serrano chile, which has more heat.
- Prep Time: This fresh cranberry salsa is a must for your Thanksgiving table. Serve it year round atop pork tenderloin and chicken dishes.
- Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||67|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||0.0g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||17g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||56mg|
|Calcium per serving:||9mg|