Chipotle-Glazed Sweet Potato Spears with Lime
- 4 pounds peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place potato wedges in a large bowl. Coat rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in chipotle powder and remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, and cook 3 minutes.
3. Pour glaze over potatoes, and toss to combine. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Use a rubber spatula to scrape bowl, drizzling remaining glaze over potatoes. Cover pan tightly with foil. Roast for 40 minutes. Remove foil, and baste potatoes. Bake, tossing every 10 minutes, for 20 minutes more or until tender and caramelized at the edges. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: Spice up roasted sweet potatoes with a glaze of honey, butter, chipotle powder and lime juice.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||194|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||38g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||12mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||156mg|
|Calcium per serving:||46mg|