Spiced Pecan and Roasted Pear Salad
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (such as McCormick), divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 assorted firm-ripe pears (such as Bosc, Anjou, or Bartlett)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped trimmed watercress
- 2 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 1/2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 flatbread crackers
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toast the nuts in the oven 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer the nuts to a bowl, and toss with 1/4 teaspoon garam masala and the salt.
2. Halve and core the pears. Cut each half into 3 wedges. Lightly coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray; arrange pear wedges on their sides on prepared pan, and sprinkle tops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon garam masala. Roast pears in the middle of the oven, turning once, about 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
3. Whisk together the vinegar and the next 3 ingredients (through olive oil) in a small bowl.
4. Arrange greens and pears on each of 4 plates. Sprinkle the cheese and nuts over top, and drizzle with dressing. Serve with a flatbread cracker.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This Roasted Pear Salad comes together in just 20 minutes and is topped with spiced pecans, blue cheese, and a sweet, homemade dressing.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 pear, 1 1/2 cups greens, and 1 tablespoon dressing)
|Calories per serving:||275|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||7g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||39g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||113mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||419mg|
|Calcium per serving:||162mg|