Roast Beef Panini
- 8 tablespoons sweet- or hot-pepper jelly
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 cup watercress sprigs
- Olive oil cooking spray
1. Spread 1 tablespoon jelly evenly on each of 8 slices of bread. Spread each of 4 slices with 1/2 teaspoon mustard on top of the jelly; sprinkle Gouda evenly on the same 4 slices. Top the remaining slices evenly with the thinly sliced roast beef and the watercress sprigs. Combine the bread slices to create 4 sandwiches.
2. Heat a panini press or a grill pan coated lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Grill the sandwiches in batches, with the press closed, for 2–3 minutes per side. If using a grill pan, cook the sandwiches over moderately high heat with a heavy skillet on top of the sandwiches, pressing down, 2–3 minutes per side or until golden. Halve the sandwiches, and serve immediately.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||384|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||49g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||59mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||419mg|
|Calcium per serving:||166mg|