Mediterranean Turkey With Swiss Chard Over Polenta
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) tube of polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 3/4 pound turkey cutlets, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 pound Swiss chard, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
1. Heat wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; cook polenta, turning halfway through, 3 minutes. Transfer to platter; cover.
2. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to wok; cook turkey 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, 1/2 cup broth, 1 garlic clove, and currants. Cook, stirring, 1 minute more or until turkey is cooked through. Transfer to platter with slotted spoon, reserving liquid in wok; cover.
3. Add Swiss chard and onion to wok; cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until tender. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes more.
4. Spoon the chard mixture onto a platter; top with pine nuts.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Break out your wok because the polenta, turkey and swiss chard in this Mediterranean dish can all be cooked one after the other in a single pan. Hooray!
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces turkey, 3 slices polenta, and 1/2 cup chard)
|Calories per serving:||245|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||26g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||34mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||364mg|
|Calcium per serving:||53mg|