Balsamic-Marinated Steak With Charred Radicchio
- 10 ounce skirt steak, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves (2 cloves finely chopped and 1 halved)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 10 wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 pint (10 ounces) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup torn radicchio (2 ounces)
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
1. Marinate steak in 2 tablespoons vinegar and chopped garlic 15 minutes at room temperature. In a separate bowl, combine onion and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
2. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade, and cook steak 2 minutes. Transfer with tongs to plate; cover.
3. Add onion to wok, and cook 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Transfer to plate with a slotted spoon; cover.
4. Add tomatoes to wok; cook 2 minutes. Add reserved marinade; bring to a boil. Add radicchio and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar; remove from heat.
5. Rub toasts with cut sides of remaining garlic clove until fragrant. Top each with steak and vegetables. Garnish with rosemary.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes; Stand: 15 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 toast, 3 ounces meat, and 3/4 cup vegetables)
|Calories per serving:||235|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||18g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||40mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||158mg|
|Calcium per serving:||35mg|