Cajun Sausage, Peppers, and Onions Over Brown Rice
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 orange bell peppers, sliced
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 pound precooked andouille-style chicken sausage, cut into rounds
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil; cook onion 2 minutes. Add pepper; cook 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini; cook 2 minutes. Add Cajun seasoning and 1/2 cup broth; cook 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl; cover.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon oil to wok; cook sausage 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl; cover.
3. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil to wok; cook shrimp 3 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth, rice, vegetables, and sausage; cook until hot. Top with parsley; serve.
Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||369|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||47g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||130mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||685mg|
|Calcium per serving:||67mg|