Chicken With Peppers, Broccolini, and Basil
- 3/4 pound broccolini, stems trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn and divided
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add broccolini; cook 3 minutes or until tender. Add 2 cups cooking water and couscous to bowl; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain broccolini; transfer to plate.
2. Place wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cook pepper, onion, and garlic, stirring, 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl; cover.
3. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to wok; cook chicken 4 minutes, stirring, or until almost cooked through. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar; cook 1 minute more or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Uncover couscous; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar and half of basil.
5. Top platter with peppers, chicken, broccolini, almonds, and remaining basil. Serve with couscous.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup couscous, 3/4 cup chicken mixture, and 1/4 of broccolini)
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||449|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||37g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||53g|
|Fiber per serving:||10g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||67mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||163mg|
|Calcium per serving:||184mg|