Chinese BBQ Pork With Shiitake and Bok Choy
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons Chinese hoisin sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 3/4 pound bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup grapefruit segments, plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
1. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 teaspoon oil and mushrooms; cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate; cover.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok, and cook pork 2 minutes, turning often. Stir in 2 tablespoons hoisin and 1 teaspoon ginger. Cook, turning, 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to plate; cover.
3. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to wok. Cook bok choy with remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, stirring often, 2 minutes or until almost tender. Add 1/4 cup water, grapefruit juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon hoisin; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Turn off heat.
4. Divide rice into 4 bowls, and top with pork, mushrooms, bok choy, and grapefruit. Sprinkle with peanuts and chives.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Make this healthy Asian-style barbecue by stir-frying pork tenderloin in a mixture of hoisin sauce and ginger and serving over rice with shiitake mushrooms bok choy, and grapefruit.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup rice, 3 ounces pork, and 1/2 cup vegetables)
|Calories per serving:||371|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||29g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||40g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||62mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||308mg|
|Calcium per serving:||110mg|