Miso-Marinated Tofu and Eggplant Over Soba Noodles
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then halved
- 1/2 pound eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped garlic, divided
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 10 ounce napa (Chinese) cabbage, cored and sliced (4 cups)
- 8 ounces hot cooked soba noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 4 scallions, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
1. Dry tofu between paper towels 20 minutes. Toss tofu and eggplant in separate bowls with 1 1/2 tablespoons miso and 1 teaspoon garlic each.
2. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons peanut oil. Cook the tofu, stirring, 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to plate, and add 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice; cover.
3. Add remaining 2 teaspoons peanut oil to wok, and cook eggplant 2 minutes or until golden. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice; cover and cook 2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to plate; cover.
4. Add cabbage, 1/4 cup water, and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic to wok; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover; cook 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl; keep warm.
5. Add 1/4 cup water, soba, and remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice to wok; stir 1 minute or until hot. Remove wok from heat, and toss mixture with sesame oil and scallions. Divide soba and cabbage among 4 bowls. Top with tofu and eggplant.
Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 14 minutes; Stand: 20 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups noodles and 3/4 cup tofu and eggplant)
|Calories per serving:||202|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||11g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||28g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||571mg|
|Calcium per serving:||74mg|