Sour Cream Pound Cake With Mixed Berries
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, such as Fage
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups fresh mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute or until well-incorporated. Add banana, yogurt, and sour cream; beat on low speed until combined.
3. Whisk together eggs and egg whites in a separate bowl. Sift oat flour and the next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Add butter and egg mixtures alternately into oat flour mixture.
4. Add vanilla, and pour batter into 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Serve toasted, and topped with 1/4 cup berries and 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This pound cake is made with healthier ingredients than most cakes. It calls for Greek yogurt, fat-free sour cream, a mashed banana, oat flour, and it's topped with mixed berries.
- Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||403|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||57g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||74mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||170mg|
|Calcium per serving:||62mg|