- 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole-wheat hot dog buns, toasted
- Tomato slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Garnish: lemon wedges (optional)
Chop shrimp, and mix with mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, chopped fresh basil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Top each hot dog bun with tomato slices and lettuce leaves. Spoon shrimp salad into buns; serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges (if you have some).
Have a bag of frozen shrimp on hand? Serve it on a hot dog roll! Shrimp is a good-for-you food—low in calories and high in protein.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings