Moroccan Lamb Salad With Carrots and Mint
- 1 1/4 pounds lean lamb loin chops, trimmed (1-inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup 2 percent Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh mint sprigs
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 scallions, chopped
1. Prepare grill.
2. Rub lamb with garlic, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Grill on medium heat 4–5 minutes per side (medium-rare) or to desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes, then cut into bite-size pieces, discarding bones.
3. Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, cinnamon, cayenne, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
4. Use a vegetable peeler to cut carrots into long, thin strips. Add carrots and the remaining ingredients to dressing, and toss. Serve with lamb.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: If you're tight on time, coarsely grate carrots in a food processor instead of peeling into long strips.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 salad)
|Calories per serving:||227|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||58mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||558mg|
|Calcium per serving:||84mg|