Warm Spinach Salad With Grilled Sausage
- 4 (2-ounce) chicken sausages
- 12 plum tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 bunches spinach, thick stems removed (about 10 cups)
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Prepare grill.
2. Prick sausages in several places with a fork. Grill, turning occasionally, 8 minutes or until hot throughout.
3. Combine tomatoes, onion, 1/2 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill 5–6 minutes per side for onion and 2–3 minutes per side for tomato or until charred and tender. Transfer to a large bowl; toss with spinach.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slice sausages, and serve with vegetables and dressing.
Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 salad)
|Calories per serving:||203|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||15g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||31mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||657mg|
|Calcium per serving:||110mg|