Chicken Salad With Potatoes and Arugula
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (1/4 cup)
1. Place potatoes in a large pot, and cover with cold water; bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt, reduce heat, and simmer 15–18 minutes or until tender. Drain and run under cold water to cool; peel and slice.
2. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water. Bring to a boil, and add remaining 1 tablespoon salt. Add chicken, and reduce heat to medium; gently simmer 12–14 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board, and let rest at least 10 minutes before shredding with a fork or your fingers.
3. Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Divide arugula, chicken, tarragon, and potatoes evenly into 4 serving bowls. Drizzle each with dressing, and top with Parmesan.
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes; Stand: 10 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 salad)
|Calories per serving:||369|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||11g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||21g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||71mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||269mg|
|Calcium per serving:||143mg|