Tuna "Nicoise" Kabobs
- 1/2 pound new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 pound tuna, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 (8-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered
1. Cover potatoes with 2 inches water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes or until fork-tender; drain and transfer to a bowl, reserving cooking water. Halve potatoes, and toss in 1 tablespoon vinegar. Arrange on a platter.
2. Add the green beans to simmering water; cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water until cool. Transfer to platter.
3. Preheat grill, and lightly oil rack.
4. Whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar with mustard in a small bowl, and add olive oil in a slow stream until well-combined. Transfer 2 teaspoons vinaigrette to a bowl, and toss with tuna to coat. Whisk remaining vinaigrette with 1 tablespoon hot water and olives.
5. Drain skewers; thread 2 with tuna and remainder with vegetables. Grill fish and vegetables, turning occasionally, over moderate heat 6–8 minutes or until fish is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Remove from skewers; place on platter with eggs. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Prep: 25 minutes; Cook: 35 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 of tuna, salad, and egg)
|Calories per serving:||347|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||34g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||21g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||149mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||255mg|
|Calcium per serving:||66mg|