- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1/2 sliced small red onion
- 3 thinly sliced radishes
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 peeled firm ripe mango, cut into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
- 1 sliced peeled firm ripe avocado
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- Canola oil (for brushing grill)
- 8 (6-inch) blue or yellow corn tortillas
- Salsa verde (optional)
1. Combine the red wine vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove the pan from heat, and stir in the red onion and radishes. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cooled.
2. Rinse fish; pat dry. Gently toss with 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and the garlic in shallow glass dish. Marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. Gently toss mango and avocado in small bowl with remaining 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and 2 tablespoons each cilantro and remaining lime juice.
4. Preheat a lightly oiled grill rack or grill pan. Remove fish from marinade, and grill, turning once, 2–3 minutes per side or until cooked through and golden brown. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm. Grill tortillas lightly until pale golden and slightly crisp. Transfer to 4 serving plates, folding tortillas to form U-shape.
5. Fill tortillas with fish, pickled vegetables, avocado mixture, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, and salsa verde, if desired; serve.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes; Marinate: 10 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||449|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||26g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||63g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||57mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||143mg|
|Calcium per serving:||40mg|