Grilled Stone Fruit With Balsamic Glaze and Manchego
- 1 cup Zinfandel wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 firm ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 firm ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 firm ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, shaved
1. Preheat a clean grill or grill pan to medium-high.
2. Stir together the wine and the brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then gently simmer 25–30 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to about 3 tablespoons and creates a thick glaze.
3. Lightly brush stone-fruit halves with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill fruit, cut side down, 1 minute on each side. Transfer to 4 plates.
4. Drizzle fruit with glaze, and top each serving with 1/4 of the pieces of cheese.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 fruit halves, 1/4 ounce manchego, and about 2 teaspoons glaze)
|Calories per serving:||116|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||31mg|
|Calcium per serving:||61mg|