Pasta With Shrimp and Peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces capellini pasta
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen petite green peas
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper; cook 1 minute. Add clam juice and salt; bring to boil. Reduce to simmer; cover and cook 5 minutes.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
3. Add shrimp, peas, and zest to skillet. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through. Toss with pasta, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Quick and tasty, this pasta dish will fit perfectly into your weeknight rotation. Shrimp are perfect in this dish but you could sub with scallops if desired.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups pasta and 3 or 4 shrimp)
|Calories per serving:||365|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||25g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||54g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||128mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||464mg|
|Calcium per serving:||76mg|