Linguine With Shrimp, Tomatoes, Olives, and Capers
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 16)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 10 ounce uncooked linguine
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 1–2 minutes or until golden.
2. Add linguine to water; cook 11 minutes or until al dente. Add shrimp to skillet, and cook on high 2–3 minutes or until golden. Transfer garlic and shrimp to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients (through capers) to skillet; cook 5–6 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in shrimp and garlic and two-thirds parsley. Drain pasta; return to pot. Toss shrimp and sauce with pasta. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with remaining parsley.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Pasta night gets a flavorful makeover with this shrimp linguine recipe. The olives and capers add a wonderful briny taste that goes well in this Italian-style dish.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||410|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||25g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||58g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||126mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||744mg|
|Calcium per serving:||93mg|