Spinach, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad with Pecans
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 3 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese (about 1/2 cup)
1. Toast the pecans in a skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes or until fragrant; set aside. Add 2 teaspoons canola oil to the same skillet, and increase heat to medium-high. Add pears, and sprinkle with brown sugar; do not stir. Cook the pears 5 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Stir to melt the brown sugar. Transfer the pears to a plate.
2. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add shallot, salt, and pepper. Stir 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add apple juice, cider vinegar, and mustard. Whisk; simmer 3–4 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add pears.
3. Place spinach in a large serving bowl. Pour pears and dressing on top, and toss. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Arrange Gorgonzola and pecans on top. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Looking for a an elegant spin on your basic spinach salad recipe? Try this Spinach, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad with Pecans recipe. It's fresh, delicious, plus very quick and easy.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings
|Calories per serving:||256|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||32g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||15mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||382mg|
|Calcium per serving:||128mg|