- Brownie layer:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cheesecake swirl:
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. For brownie layer, combine butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave until nearly melted. Stir.
3. Combine next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, espresso mixture, and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture; stir until smooth. Add to dry ingredients; stir. Pour into prepared pan; smooth into even layer.
4. For cheesecake swirl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg white with an electric mixer at medium-high speed. Drop by spoonfuls onto brownie layer. Draw tip of a butter knife through brownie layer to swirl.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out slightly damp. Cool in pan. Cut into squares.
Prep: 20 minutes; Bake: 30 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 24 brownies (serving size: 1 brownie)
|Calories per serving:||140|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||21g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||31mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||84mg|
|Calcium per serving:||13mg|