- 1 pound peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pound lean flank steak
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Toss potatoes with oil; add rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 20–22 minutes or until golden, tossing halfway through. Remove from oven, and gently loosen with a spatula; keep warm.
3. Place oven rack at highest position; preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
4. Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, pepper, thyme, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large dish. Add steak; marinate at room temperature 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Broil for 6–7 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven; let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 4 equal portions.
5. Divide steak and fries evenly among plates. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with mustard.
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 32 minutes; Stand: 25 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces steak and 1/4 of the fries)
|Calories per serving:||287|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||26g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||27g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||48mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||353mg|
|Calcium per serving:||28mg|